Please click here for full disclosure, questions and answers
Privacy and Security Disclosures
Protecting the privacy of our members is very important to us at Fieldpoint Private and each of our affiliates. As a provider of financial services, the collection and use of personal information is fundamental to day-to-day operations. We strongly believe in protecting the confidentially and security of the information by whatever means possible. This policy describes how we handle and protect the information we receive from and about our members.
Why We Collect Information: We collect and use nonpublic personal information only for business purposes in order to serve the needs of our members. These business purposes include activities such as evaluating a request for a loan, opening a private banking deposit account, authenticating and executing member requested transactions, and servicing members' investment management needs. We may also use member information to inform you of other products or services that may be of interest to members.
What Information We Collect: We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources: Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, information about your transactions with us, or others and information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
How We Protect Information: We treat all information in a highly confidential manner. Fieldpoint Private Colleagues are required to protect the confidentiality of all information. Our Professional staff may access information only when there is an appropriate reason to do so, such as to support member servicing. Our Internet Banking Product uses industry approved security technology such as passwords, firewalls and encryption, to protect member information from tampering. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect information and these safeguards comply with or exceed applicable laws. Everyone servicing your relationship and accounts is required to comply with established policies of Fieldpoint Private. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as required by law.
Information We Share: We do not disclose any nonpublic information about our members or former members to anyone, except as permitted by law.
Correction of Information: If you notify us that any information is incorrect, we will review it promptly and make all appropriate corrections to our records.
Further Information: Federal law establishes privacy standards and requires Fieldpoint Private to provide our privacy notice to members each year. If you have any questions about our privacy practices you may write us at Fieldpoint Private, 100 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830.
Online Security Statement: Member Information security is a top priority at Fieldpoint Private. Fieldpoint Private has built a secure network architecture utilizing well vetted technology. Our firm will continue to adopt new technologies to ensure confidentiality, flexibility, and a superior member experience.
We want your online banking experience and usage of the Fieldpoint Private web site to be safe while easy to navigate. Secure systems are a combination of technology, policies and people. Our architecture utilizes a multi-layered approach to information security, providing safeguards and privacy throughout the process.
Fieldpoint Private built a site offering multifactor authentication, data integrity, complete transactional privacy, and above all, resistance to all forms of hacking attempts. Layered security means that, rather than relying on a single security measure, Fieldpoint Private uses layers of technology within the security architecture to distance harmful intrusions as far as possible from the core of sensitive information and resources.
The first layer of security is our members. Please be aware of several straight forward security tips when using any internet site containing sensitive information:
• Please use a strong password. Choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and use a different password for each of your online accounts. Use both letters and numbers and a combination of lower case and capital letters.
• Change your online banking passwords often. You can do this quickly and easily by signing on and going to the designated area.
• Make sure your home computer has the most current anti-virus software. Anti-virus software needs frequent updates to guard against new viruses. We recommend that you use a program that automatically updates your virus protection on a regular basis.
• Install a personal firewall to help prevent unauthorized access to your home computer. This is important if you are connected to the internet via a cable modem or a digital subscriber line (DSL) modem.
• When your computer is not in use, please shut it down or disconnect from the internet.
Act quickly if you detect fraud. If you believe someone is trying got commit fraud and/or you think you may have provided personal or account information in response to a fraudulent email or web site, report the incident immediately, change your passwords.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) This Privacy Notice describes how Fieldpoint Private (the firm”) collects and secures the personal data of individuals domiciled in the European Economic Area (EEA). The information in this Notice is provided to the extent that the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies to your business with Fieldpoint Private.
Privacy Notice for EEA Residents
Please note that Fieldpoint Private’s data collection and retention procedures are subject U.S. laws and banking and securities regulations. As a result, your rights under the GDPR may be limited by those laws and regulations.
Basis for and Purpose of Data Processing
Fieldpoint Private collects and processes your personal data when such processing is required for the performance of our contract with you. The firm also processes your personal data to comply with applicable U.S. laws and regulations.
Personal Data Obtained from Outside Sources
Fieldpoint Private obtains personal information about you from other sources to enable us to confirm your identity and financial history. These sources may include paid third-party service providers and publicly accessible data.
Recipients of Personal Data
Fieldpoint Private shares your personal data with third-party service providers to help conduct business on your behalf. These arrangements are subject to due diligence and ongoing oversight to ensure that these service providers have adequate data protection procedures in place. Fieldpoint Private’s service providers may include:
- Investment management firms
- Audit, accounting or recordkeeping services;
- Clearing and custody firms;
- Statement services;
- Credit bureaus, background-check providers and legal data services;
- Prospectus/corporate action mailing service;
- Other vendors as necessary.
How Long Does Fieldpoint Private Retain Your Personal Data?
Fieldpoint Private processes and retains your personal data for at least the duration of our contract with you. Note that the firm will preserve some data longer to comply with U.S. law and the rules of the banking and securities regulatory authorities who oversee our activities.
Your GDPR Rights
Under GDPR, you have fundamental rights regarding your personal data, and you may exercise those rights — subject to other banking and securities laws or regulations that Fieldpoint Private must observe. These rights include:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed that a file of your personal information is being collected, retained and processed by Fieldpoint Private.
- Access. You have the right to obtain free access to your personal data.
- Rectification. You have the right to ask that incorrect or incomplete personal data be corrected.
- Erasure. You have the right to request that personal data be erased, subject to applicable legal and regulatory constraints.
- Restriction on processing. You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in specific cases.
- Objection to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or based on your own circumstances.
Portability. You have the right to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and to transmit it to another controller.